Dueling City
Welcome to Dueling City!

You should totally register and join our awesome community.
And yea, bring some cards because we have that weird habit to duel Wink
Dueling City
Welcome to Dueling City!

You should totally register and join our awesome community.
And yea, bring some cards because we have that weird habit to duel Wink

KCTAU on Steroids!

Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Anzo

Administrator

Mr. Anzo

Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up) Icon_m46
No warnings
Team Team : [EX] The Exile
Academy Academy : [DA] Duel Academy
Posts Posts : 455
Contribution Points Contribution Points : 620
Reputation Points Reputation Points : 12
Browser Browser : Chrome
Gender Gender : Male DN Name DN Name : Anzo
Time Zone Time Zone : +3
Location Location : DA

Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up) Empty
PostSubject: Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up)   Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 7:17 am

Welcome to Dueling City

Championship Series

Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up) CKjvT
Hello world and welcome to Dueling City Championship Series.I am your host Anzo and you should be damn prepared for some crazy event.DCCS is Dueling City's first event, so because that let's make it the most memorable one too.
Grande is the word we are looking for.

As you probably already figured that out this is our variant of Konami's YCS.We just simply raped that Y and added the DC to make it sexy, boss huh..

What is YCS?
For those of you who don't know, YCS are Konami's official TCG in real life tournament that takes place once a month over a weekend in the United States of America, Europe, Canada and South America.These are big, exciting 2-day events that take place from Saturday to Sunday.Duelists from around the world gather in on one place to play their favourite children card game.
(Some of you are familiar with the YCS and how it goes, some even goes regularly to YCS all around the world, but i will not mention names here, since non of them actually won or topped a YCS so they simply don't deserve to be mention.)

What is the format of this event?

DCCS follow the September 2012 Banlist.
(Link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] )

Tournament Setup:
1. First stage is Swiss Round Tournament. Players are paired off based on each player’s win/loss record. Players are not eliminated when they lose a match during Swiss tournaments – instead, they will continue to be paired against players with similar records for all remaining rounds of the event.The number of these Swiss Rounds will depend on the final number of competitors for the tournament.

2. Second stage is Single-Elimination Tournament. After the Swiss Round Tournament is finished, only the 16 duelists with the top records will advance to this second stage. At this time, the decks of these 16 duelists will become public knowledge.If there is a tie for any of the Top 16 places, the person with the lowest number of duels lost will advance. If this does not break the tie, the tied players will have a tiebreaker round to determine who advances to the Top 16.

This is the form of Tournament we all know.If you lose, you are out of the tournament.If you win, you goes to the next round.This continues until only one player remains, which is then declared as our first Dueling City Championship Series's winner.

3. All pairing for both halves of the tournament will be made using CHALLONGE.com There is a possibility that you may play the same person more than once during the course of this tournament.

4. All matches are best 2 out of 3. You are allowed to use only 1 deck throughout the whole tournament. You are allowed to use your side deck after game 1.If you suspect your opponent is cheating by using a card that doesn't exist in his side deck or for using cards from side deck in game 1, send a private message to me or some of the Judges with a screenshot as a prove.We will take a look and reply you with our decision.(If you don't have a screenshot, then don't bother us in first place.)

5. If you are active and your opponent is not, you'll receive a forfeit win. To get this, you must show me that you've PM'd your opponent and at least attempted to make contact. If you are both inactive it's a double forfeit. If you're both active but unable to meet up, you'll both take a loss, but will receive no punishment.

6. As per actual YCS rules, causing a match to end in a draw on purpose will result in a disqualification.

7. Being inactive for 2 rounds will, among other penalties, result in a disqualification from the tournament regardless of your current record.

8. As i said already, we are following the Official September 2012 Banlist (Link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] )

9. Only TCG cards allowed.Your deck should NOT contains any OCG-only or Anime-only cards.If it does, you can be reported and disqualified.

10. If you have any conflict about game mechanics, rulings and similar things during a duel you have to work it out between each other in classic way by providing evidence from internet sources or contacting DN in-game admins to solve your issue.

11. Take screenshots for every win you got.You may not post it, but you better have it in order to prove you are right in any possible issue that may come out.It's your responsibility.

12. In case of disconnection while playing for this event, the decision about the outcome of the duel will be taken by Judge in the way it's described in our Warbook
(Link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] )

Bonus Events
In addition to the main DCCS Tournament, there will be several bonus events as well.The idea is from the actual YCS Tournament, in which they provide many different public events to entertain their players.Our version include a few bonus events such as Custom Format Tournament, DCCS Live tournament and others.We hope you will like the idea of something different during the DCCS and join.Of course the winners from these events will be awarded.

I almost forget to mention that once you got in top 16, you become a target for our writers.There will be featured decks, matches and duelist bios.Everything that deserves attention will be noted.Don't forget that teams always are looking who top on a big tournament.DCCS is the best way for new guys to make themselves known in our new community.

Prizes
The winner of the Swiss Round Tournament stage will get 10 points in our ranking system and an userbar.Then our writers will do their best to make him/her feel like a mini children card game's star by writing an article about the power of his cards and genius mind.

All duelists that reach top 16 will earn an userbar.Also they will get some points in our ranking system, depending on their final standing.
    » 4 points for top 16
    » 8 points for top 8
    » 16 points for top 4

Our runner-up will get a booby prize of 25 points in our ranking system and an userbar.That userbar should be really special.

And finally the first winner of Dueling City Championship Series will get 50 points, an userbar and a custom rank.DCCS is the only way you can get custom rank in DC. Being the first who have it and for a long time the only one should be a good feeling.I'll never know...

How i can sign-up for this event?

You can sign-up for this event by replying in this topic with the following information:

Code:
DN Username:
Time Zone:
Time Zones will not factor into pairings. They will be displayed next to your name to make it easier for you to find good times to contact and duel with your opponents.

You must PM me with your full deck list including Side Deck and Extra Deck. You are allowed only 1 deck for the entirety of the competition. Deck lists should be divided into categories of Monsters, Spells, Traps, Side, and Extra.
SEND ME YOUR DECK LIST, NOT A PICTURE OF YOUR DECK LIST.

Again, please note that along with your registration you are REQUIRED to PM me with your FULL DECK LIST.The begining of the DCCS will be announced two days before the actual start.If you do not send your deck list by the time the tournament begins you won't be approved to participate.
(Since i will be a participate in this event as well, some of you may say that i shouldn't, because i will have an access to all other competitors deck lists during the entire event.However, if you want to "keep an eye on me" you can check your Outbox after sending me your deck list and as long the message is still there, it means i didn't open it, that way you can make sure i didn't sneak at your deck list.)

If you have any questions,suggestions or comments about DCCS, don't post here.Your post may be deleted.Post in our dccs's chat topic.
Link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Since we want this tournament to be as big as possible, I will not be setting any exact dates for end of registration. Instead, I will just wait and see when it feels like no more duelists are entering. At the most, this will take 2 weeks, however registration could end sooner than that if we get a bunch of applicants all at once and then very few register after that.

Last edited by Mista Anzo on Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:20 am; edited 4 times in total

Isgrimnur

Isgrimnur

Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up) Icon_100
No warnings
Team Team : None
Academy Academy : None
Posts Posts : 8
Contribution Points Contribution Points : 12
Reputation Points Reputation Points : 0
Browser Browser : Opera
DN Name DN Name : Isgrimnur
Time Zone Time Zone : +1 GMT
Location Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up)   Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 7:25 am

DN Username: Isgrimnur
Time Zone: +1 GMT

Mr. Anzo

Administrator

Mr. Anzo

No warnings
Posts Posts : 455
Contribution Points Contribution Points : 620
Gender Gender : Male DN Name DN Name : Anzo
Time Zone Time Zone : +3
Location Location : DA

PostSubject: Re: Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up)   Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 7:31 am

Adham2000 wrote:
Sign me up , whatever this is O_O

Please follow the registration form otherwise you will not be registered.

TheRuler

TheRuler

No warnings
Academy Academy : [DGA] Dueling Genesis Academy
Posts Posts : 61
Contribution Points Contribution Points : 82
Reputation Points Reputation Points : 3
DN Name DN Name : TheRuler / NewRuler
Time Zone Time Zone : GMT +2

PostSubject: Re: Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up)   Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 7:32 am

DN Username: TheRuler
Time Zone: GMT +2

btw. Rule 4 is quite useless since we use match mode anyways xD

@Anzo: Rule 4 is quit important, if you suspect your opponent for example had a previous knowing of your deck, which is possible after round 1.

Pabel

Pabel

Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up) Icon_m53
No warnings
Posts Posts : 28
Contribution Points Contribution Points : 36
Reputation Points Reputation Points : 2
Browser Browser : Firefox
Age Age : 29
DN Name DN Name : Pabel
Time Zone Time Zone : GMT -4
Location Location : Merchantville, New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up)   Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 7:40 am

DN Name: Pabel
GMT: -4

darkness evil

Judge

darkness evil

Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up) Icon_m84
No warnings
Posts Posts : 54
Contribution Points Contribution Points : 61
DN Name DN Name : darkness evil
Time Zone Time Zone : -5

PostSubject: Re: Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up)   Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 7:40 am

DN Username:Darkness evil
Time Zone: -5

vem123

vem123

No warnings
Posts Posts : 26
Contribution Points Contribution Points : 33
Reputation Points Reputation Points : 3
DN Name DN Name : vem123
Time Zone Time Zone : +02

PostSubject: Re: Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up)   Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 8:21 am

DN Username: vem123
Time Zone: +02

nelynel12

nelynel12

No warnings
Posts Posts : 9
DN Name DN Name : Nelynel12
Time Zone Time Zone : est

PostSubject: Re: Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up)   Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 8:29 am

DN Username: Nelynel12
Time Zone: -5

BlackLeg-Sanji

Judge

BlackLeg-Sanji

Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up) Icon_m50
No warnings
Posts Posts : 99
Contribution Points Contribution Points : 110
Reputation Points Reputation Points : 4
DN Name DN Name : BlackLeg-Sanji
Time Zone Time Zone : +2
Location Location : Estonia

PostSubject: Re: Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up)   Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 8:45 am

DN username: BlackLeg-Sanji
GMT: +2

bakura normal

bakura normal

Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up) Icon_m64
No warnings
Posts Posts : 256
Contribution Points Contribution Points : 316
DN Name DN Name : bakura normal
Time Zone Time Zone : GMT 00

PostSubject: Re: Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up)   Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 9:23 am

might aswell
DN Username: bakura normal
Time Zone: gmt 00

jayj

No warnings
Posts Posts : 2
Contribution Points Contribution Points : 4
DN Name DN Name : jayj
Time Zone Time Zone : -7

PostSubject: Re: Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up)   Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 9:26 am

DN Username: jayj
Time Zone: GMT - 7

jimmythebass

No warnings
Posts Posts : 5
Contribution Points Contribution Points : 9
DN Name DN Name : someone_else
Time Zone Time Zone : GMT -7

PostSubject: Re: Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up)   Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 9:46 am

DN Name: someone_else
Time Zone: GMT -7

I'm kinda split between my two favorite decks, so I'll send my decklist when I decide which one to use xP

slonaka

slonaka

Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up) Icon_m98
No warnings
Academy Academy : [BE] Bulgarian Elite
Posts Posts : 40
Contribution Points Contribution Points : 44
Reputation Points Reputation Points : 1
DN Name DN Name : slonakaa

PostSubject: Re: Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up)   Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 12:04 pm

DN Username: slonaka
Time zone: Gmt +2

Sunnyd2293

Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up) Icon_m24
No warnings
Team Team : [AKA] Also Known As...
Posts Posts : 142
Contribution Points Contribution Points : 419
Reputation Points Reputation Points : 8
Gender Gender : Male Age Age : 30
DN Name DN Name : Sunnyd2293
Time Zone Time Zone : GMT-5
Location Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up)   Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 12:11 pm

DN Username: Sunnyd2293
Time Zone: GMT - 5

Train Hardnett

Train Hardnett

Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up) Icon_m41
No warnings
Team Team : [DKT] Duel King Teams
Posts Posts : 92
Contribution Points Contribution Points : 104
Reputation Points Reputation Points : 5
Gender Gender : Male Age Age : 31
DN Name DN Name : Archer
Location Location : Chronos

PostSubject: Re: Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up)   Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 12:11 pm

DN Name: Archer
Time Zone: GMT +2

s{EX} Chaos Magician

s{EX} Chaos Magician

Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up) Icon_m68
No warnings
Posts Posts : 44
Contribution Points Contribution Points : 64
Gender Gender : Male DN Name DN Name : s{EX} Chaos Magician
Time Zone Time Zone : GMT-6
Location Location : Somewhere with sexy girls

PostSubject: Re: Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up)   Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 12:21 pm

DN Username: s{EX} Chaos Magician
Time Zone: -6

EXtremllyNoOB

EXtremllyNoOB

Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up) Icon_m64
No warnings
Posts Posts : 37
Contribution Points Contribution Points : 43
Gender Gender : Male DN Name DN Name : EXtremllyNoOB
Time Zone Time Zone : +1
Location Location : Tunisia

PostSubject: Re: Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up)   Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 12:33 pm

DN Username: EXtremllyNoOB
Time Zone: +1

imsosorry1997

imsosorry1997

Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up) Icon_m19
No warnings
Posts Posts : 40
Contribution Points Contribution Points : 53
Gender Gender : Male Age Age : 26
DN Name DN Name : imsosorry1997
Time Zone Time Zone : GMT -4
Location Location : ON, Ottawa

PostSubject: Re: Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up)   Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 12:43 pm

DN Username: imsosorry1997
Time Zone: GMT -4

iamlishun

No warnings
Posts Posts : 3
Contribution Points Contribution Points : 3
DN Name DN Name : iamlishun
Time Zone Time Zone : GMT +10

PostSubject: Re: Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up)   Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 12:48 pm

DN Username: iamlishun
Time Zone: GMT +10

Pilover

No warnings
DN Name DN Name : Pilover
Time Zone Time Zone : GMT 0

PostSubject: Re: Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up)   Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 12:55 pm

DN Username: Pilover
Time Zone: GMT 0

rjuto

No warnings
Posts Posts : 13
Contribution Points Contribution Points : 19
DN Name DN Name : Laquer
Time Zone Time Zone : -3

PostSubject: Re: Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up)   Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 1:21 pm

DN Username: Laquer
Time Zone: GMT -3

Buzz

Buzz

Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up) Icon_m20
No warnings
Team Team : [DKT] Duel King Teams
Posts Posts : 75
Contribution Points Contribution Points : 78
Age Age : 27
DN Name DN Name : BUZZKILL
Time Zone Time Zone : -5 GMT

PostSubject: Re: Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up)   Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 1:39 pm

DN Username: "BUZZKILL"
Time Zone: -5 GMT

eXe DoctorWhooves

eXe DoctorWhooves

No warnings
Academy Academy : [ADA] Advanced Duel Academy
Posts Posts : 18
Contribution Points Contribution Points : 31
DN Name DN Name : eXe RainbowDash
Time Zone Time Zone : GMT -5

PostSubject: Re: Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up)   Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 3:45 pm

DN eXe RainbowDash

TimeZone: MDT... it's houstin texas time lol I fail at time zones.

meklord Emperor

No warnings
Posts Posts : 1
Contribution Points Contribution Points : 1
DN Name DN Name : Meklord Emperor
Time Zone Time Zone : -5

PostSubject: Re: Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up)   Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 5:14 pm

DN Username: Meklord Emperor
Time Zone: GMT -5

BrandonBalls

Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up) Icon_m18
No warnings
Contribution Points Contribution Points : 10
Gender Gender : Male DN Name DN Name : BrandonBalls
Location Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up)   Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 7:07 pm

DN Username:BrandonBalls
Time Zone:-6

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up)   Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up) I_icon_minitime

Dueling City Championship Series (Sign-up)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next