Dueling City
Welcome to Dueling City!

You should totally register and join our awesome community.
And yea, bring some cards because we have that weird habit to duel Wink
Dueling City
Welcome to Dueling City!

You should totally register and join our awesome community.
And yea, bring some cards because we have that weird habit to duel Wink

KCTAU on Steroids!

A Blackwing Article (Guide)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Frances

Assistant

Frances

A Blackwing Article (Guide) Icon_m95
No warnings
Team Team : [LGBD] Let's Go Down Below
Academy Academy : [MCA] Medieval Chaos Academy
Posts Posts : 633
Contribution Points Contribution Points : 810
Reputation Points Reputation Points : 12
Browser Browser : Chrome
Gender Gender : Female Age Age : 27
DN Name DN Name : Masked Phantom Puma/__ ! Wooie !
Time Zone Time Zone : GMT +8
Location Location : Not for you to know.

A Blackwing Article (Guide) Empty
PostSubject: A Blackwing Article (Guide)   A Blackwing Article (Guide) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 9:56 am

Playing style

Blackwing Decks focused on swarming. Because of that, they have an aggressive playing style. Also, because of their Swarming capabilities, they are good for using Synchro Summon (Note that their trump cards are Synchro Monsters). Their support cards rely on their swarm abilities such as "Delta Crow - Anti Reverse" which can be activated from the hand when you control exactly 3 "Blackwing" monsters. Some of them take an advantage from "Blackwing"s swarming abilities and support it such as "Black Whirlwind". With the overwhelming amount of near forced synergy and powerful support cards, "Blackwing"s are one of the easiest archetypes to play.

The primary draw power used in "Blackwing"s is represented by "Allure of Darkness", "Pot of Duality", and "Cards for Black Feathers". Because of this myriad of choices and ability to run many of them simultaneously, it is not surprising that "Blackwing"s are known for impressive consistency.

Also, because most of the "Blackwing" monsters are DARK, Winged Beast monsters, along with "Allure of Darkness" for drawing power, you can use "Icarus Attack" for card destruction. Alongside that, many "Blackwing" Decks also run "Dark Armed Dragon" for its ability to be Special Summoned by having DARK monsters in the Graveyard.

"Blackwing"s are one of the few top tier Decks that don't require their combo pieces to go off to win. Their toolbox allows them to shift their playstyle from being aggressive to passive. The Deck has numerous mind games forcing players to make less than sub-optimal plays to play against it. By setting a card in the Spell & Trap Card Zone with a "Blackwing" monster, the mind game and the illusion of the "Icarus Attack" being present is given off. Players will have to slow down their playing style, forcing any aggressive Decks to be crippled and unable to commence their plays recklessly.

Souce: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

In making a Blackwing Deck, remember these cards for you to ALWAYS put in them: Also, this is based on statistics I made.

Spoiler:

With the card called Blackwing - Gram The Shining, please note that you are now given a high option of using Mystral as one of your low level monsters other than Vayu <--(Once Shura negates its eff) for easy sync without limiting yourself to using only level 1 tuner. Note that Vayu (When its eff isn’t negated) special summons a synchro monster and NOT sync it in grave. And Gram has to be synced first before you can ss it.

Also note that these cards are the following cards that are optional to put:

Spoiler:

Now, let me explain to you on how the deck is constructed.

In a Blackwing deck, every single card must be connected to one another in hopes of making it easy to synchro summon; however, there are also decks that run Blackwing with engines like Light to make it vayusworn (If it focuses on Vayu) and Gustos.

Now that you're done at looking for other BW options, you have to choose wisely which card will help you most in duels. Let's now get on to other optional Winged Beast Monsters:

Spoiler:

Alector and Nephthys can be used further for spamming the field once the conditions are met. Battlestorm could also be a good attacker since its attack is boost by the number of winged beast you control. Stealth bird can also be used to destroy your opponents and since it has a neat defense, it can help in stalling which by the way is a 50-50 good or bad side of the card since it is a bit of a slow card.

Let's now go to non winged beast monsters that you can add to your deck:

Spoiler:

The above mentioned cards can help you boost your ability to sync and spam the field. For one, Plague Spread intends to make your sync faster and helps you to do it even if it’s for more than just 1 sync cause of its effect. Since Blackwing decks tend to sync a lot, it’s very advisable to use DAD because once it hits 3 in the grave, then it’s able to summon.

Let's now go to the spells, mostly have these in your deck, but I repeat, are STILL optional:

Spoiler:

Have at least 1 Raptor Wing Strike available in your deck, since it can help you play if ever you're stuck with a low attack monster. Dark Eruption is also useful in terms of bringing back your mons to hand; however can cause dead draws. Remember, always have staples in this deck because it can change your gameplay.

But, this would be my suggestion for your spells:

Spoiler:

For your traps, the best cards to play right now are these:

Spoiler:

Remember, in a Blackwing Deck, focus on getting out as many sync as possible rather than XYZ because that's what they're built for. Also remember that when choosing cards for BW, make sure they make your deck consistent and always make sure that you abuse Vayu. I'd also not recommend for you to use Mystral. Kalut and Gale are always needed. Shura and Blizzard too. Try getting out Brionac, and Scrap Dragon as well. Make sure you have DAD in either the deck or Side because that will help a lot. If you're still unsure on how to play it, contact me and I'll duel you with mine. Lastly, narrow your traps too. As much as possible, play them because it'll save you a lot.

On a side-note: Do the cards I input above before you do varieties.

A Blackwing Article (Guide) Nq25A

The main point of that deck is to go all out on your opponent and by swarming the field very fast. Its main engine could also be changed into a Vayusworn or Twilight deck but for my part, I like getting out or emptying out my extra deck as much as I could which is actually possible, lol. (Shoulda print screened that duel A Blackwing Article (Guide) 987763058 ) I also switched Stardust to side instead of the others mainly because I find it to have a very weak attack power, plus, Scrap Dragon for me is more worth it. I also decided to main only 1 Zephyros since I can only use its eff once per duel. I know, it's a low reason, but I'd prefer other cards instead so I decided to main 2 Zephyr. I also decided to main 2 Swallow's next, so for example, I want to ss faster from grave, I can just use the mons tributed for it. Lavalval Chain and Foolish Burial can help me have better draws instead of maining cards like Next To Be Lost, and I could actually main 1 Sangan but that card and I actually don't work well, so meh. Also, I decided remove Torrent and Mirror because I already have Icarus attack for that and decided to just main Veiler and the others so as to have me more flexible during match duels. As for the rest of the cards, you can figure it out yourself once you duel. I'll try to post my other Blackwings (The one with varieties) once I done fixing them for this format ._. and if I get the will to do so A Blackwing Article (Guide) 919379873.

Blackwing - Abrolhos the Megaquake

Spoiler:

Simple explanation. This card can only be normal summoned and not in other ways. Number of tributes required: 2. If ever you already normal summoned in that turn and wish to summon once more, use Double Summon.

Blackwing - Aurora the Northern Lights

Spoiler:

Note: Blackwinged-Dragon is NOT a Blackwing due to major Konami spelling issues.

Blackwing - Backslash

Spoiler:

Self explanatory. DIRECT attack

Blackwing - Blizzard the Far North

Spoiler:

This goes without saying that even if Shura attempts to summon this, it can't include Monster Reborn. Only way for you to get this back to your hand is either by using Pot of Avarice or any other cards that helps you add cards from your graveyard back to your hand.

Some examples of them are these:

• Dark Eruption

• Pot of Avarice

• Monster Reincarnation

• Against the Wind

Blackwing - Bombardment

Spoiler:

Again, self explanatory. Only use this if you know you can hit game or save your bum from an opponent who has a higher attack. Also, note: This card doesn't have the text that says "Once per turn." so abuse the eff during the right timing. And note once more SYNCHRO monster.

Blackwing - Boobytrap

Spoiler:

Note the words: Opponent's card effect. And Set card is destroyed.

Blackwing - Bora the Spear

Spoiler:

Always remember to read the 2nd sentence if you don't know the effect to begin with.

Blackwing - Boreas the Sharp

Spoiler:

Note: It must be tributed or special summoned. It ain't 4 stars or lower.

Blackwing - Breeze the Zephyr

Spoiler:

Remember, Shura is one of those cards that can be used for this card to be enabled as a synchro material for other monsters other than Blackwing. Note once more that Whirlwind can help with this card's special summon activation text.

I lost my will to post more, lol. But yeah, for more reference, please click the following words: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Frances on Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:27 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Stupid effing internet won't let me post properly -.-)

rjuto

A Blackwing Article (Guide) Icon_100
No warnings
Team Team : None
Academy Academy : None
Posts Posts : 13
Contribution Points Contribution Points : 19
Reputation Points Reputation Points : 0
DN Name DN Name : Laquer
Time Zone Time Zone : -3

PostSubject: Re: A Blackwing Article (Guide)   A Blackwing Article (Guide) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 10:51 am

Idk why but I felt like scrolling down to the end and found this.

Frances wrote:
Remember, Shura is one of those cards that can be used for this card to be enabled as a synchro material for other monsters other than Blackwing.

A Blackwing Article (Guide) 2698908354 A Blackwing Article (Guide) 1340036990

Frances

Assistant

Frances

No warnings

PostSubject: Re: A Blackwing Article (Guide)   A Blackwing Article (Guide) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 10:54 am

rjuto wrote:
Idk why but I felt like scrolling down to the end and found this.

Frances wrote:
Remember, Shura is one of those cards that can be used for this card to be enabled as a synchro material for other monsters other than Blackwing.

A Blackwing Article (Guide) 2698908354 A Blackwing Article (Guide) 1340036990

Read the part where Shura negates Zephyrs effect to understand better. Same goes for Vayu if you want gram for it.

rjuto

A Blackwing Article (Guide) Icon_100
No warnings
Posts Posts : 13
Contribution Points Contribution Points : 19
DN Name DN Name : Laquer
Time Zone Time Zone : -3

PostSubject: Re: A Blackwing Article (Guide)   A Blackwing Article (Guide) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 10:59 am

How can you compare Vayu with Zephyr? 2 completely different things.

Frances wrote:
Read the part where Shura negates Zephyrs effect to understand better. Same goes for Vayu if you want gram for it.

Zephyr = condition.
Vayu = Continuous effect.

Shura negates effects, not conditions.

Frances

Assistant

Frances

No warnings

PostSubject: Re: A Blackwing Article (Guide)   A Blackwing Article (Guide) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 11:00 am

rjuto wrote:
How can you compare Vayu with Zephyr? 2 completely different things.

Frances wrote:

Zephyr = condition.
Vayu = Continuous effect.

Shura negates effects, not conditions.

Yeah, you really don't get the situation at all ._.

darkness evil

Judge

darkness evil

A Blackwing Article (Guide) Icon_m84
No warnings
Academy Academy : [DA] Duel Academy
Posts Posts : 54
Contribution Points Contribution Points : 61
DN Name DN Name : darkness evil
Time Zone Time Zone : -5

PostSubject: Re: A Blackwing Article (Guide)   A Blackwing Article (Guide) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 3:26 pm

Umm im a hardcore Blackwing player no offense but the deck u showed is pretty bad thats not a way to play BW. Playable BW, would be Shura, Bora, Zephroys Gale, Kalut, and Blizzard u could also run Sirocco not needed and u can eaither run Vayu or Jinn for a shura target. The rest of blackwings are pretty situational and can be useless. 1 icarus?? always run 3 in blackwings it wins games, and is so flexable. Dont play more than 1 Vayu in a non Vayu build theres no point, max bora max shura, dark eruption isnt needed can be dead, 2 Pot of Duality to set up, allure of darkness, the mystical space typhoons arent needed in main, with 3 icarus. SO much i can change in that, i like the format of the article and see uve done a good job, but u should research blackwings more before making a deck Very Happy

DarkFusion

DarkFusion

A Blackwing Article (Guide) Icon_m61
No warnings
Team Team : [DLK] Delta Knights
Posts Posts : 21
Contribution Points Contribution Points : 24
Reputation Points Reputation Points : 1
Gender Gender : Male DN Name DN Name : DarkFusion
Time Zone Time Zone : +1
Location Location : Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: A Blackwing Article (Guide)   A Blackwing Article (Guide) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 4:11 pm

Due to my friends wishes,i cannot be mean in this topic in particular.However i will say that you should quit this game.Like...fast.If your job is to post articles make sure to atleast get it right when you post it.This article is incorect totally and it hurt mine and DEs prides as hardcore blackwing players.Farewell

Frances

Assistant

Frances

No warnings

PostSubject: Re: A Blackwing Article (Guide)   A Blackwing Article (Guide) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 5:00 pm

darkness evil wrote:
Umm im a hardcore Blackwing player no offense but the deck u showed is pretty bad thats not a way to play BW. Playable BW, would be Shura, Bora, Zephroys Gale, Kalut, and Blizzard u could also run Sirocco not needed and u can eaither run Vayu or Jinn for a shura target. The rest of blackwings are pretty situational and can be useless. 1 icarus?? always run 3 in blackwings it wins games, and is so flexable. Dont play more than 1 Vayu in a non Vayu build theres no point, max bora max shura, dark eruption isnt needed can be dead, 2 Pot of Duality to set up, allure of darkness, the mystical space typhoons arent needed in main, with 3 icarus. SO much i can change in that, i like the format of the article and see uve done a good job, but u should research blackwings more before making a deck Very Happy

It's not even my BW deck to begin with A Blackwing Article (Guide) 2676598196 but yeah, I based it on asking most of the BW players I dueled recently and about a month ago before the format started and I mostly got the same answer ._.... I'll finish the better one soon. (The one some admin and former admins and I are actually working on). I'll discard the deck and edit it while I continue working on the other one.

DarkFusion wrote:
Due to my friends wishes,i cannot be mean in this topic in particular.However i will say that you should quit this game.Like...fast.If your job is to post articles make sure to atleast get it right when you post it.This article is incorect totally and it hurt mine and DEs prides as hardcore blackwing players.Farewell

It ain't my job to post dueling articles. Not all are incorrect, just to correct you ._. Anyway, article edited until me and the others finish working on the one we put more effort in, that's all I can post now.

The revised article will compose of 7 parts and variations of BW. Twilight, Vayusworn, Fabled Blackwing, Constellar Blackwing and Chaos Blackwing.

I'll also show how Wind up and BW or Gishki and BW can work together, without risking the fatality of causing a dead draw ._. again, if I have the will power ._.".

Mugen Daas

Assistant

Mugen Daas

A Blackwing Article (Guide) Icon_m39
No warnings
Team Team : [AKA] Also Known As...
Posts Posts : 19
Contribution Points Contribution Points : 22
Gender Gender : Male Age Age : 32
DN Name DN Name : Mugen Daas
Time Zone Time Zone : GMT +0
Location Location : Norwich

PostSubject: Re: A Blackwing Article (Guide)   A Blackwing Article (Guide) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 6:11 am

Frances wrote:
The revised article will compose of 7 parts and variations of BW. Twilight, Vayusworn, Fabled Blackwing, Constellar Blackwing and Chaos Blackwing.

I liked your current article's structure and presentation, and I look forward to your revised version. Another idea should you wish to delve further into is the use of Bw's in Black Valley, alongside Reborn Tengu, Genex Ally Birdman and Divine Wind of Mist Valley.

P.S. :: Ignore Darkfusion :: A Blackwing Article (Guide) 3077217049

Mr. Anzo

Administrator

Mr. Anzo

A Blackwing Article (Guide) Icon_m46
No warnings
Team Team : [EX] The Exile
Posts Posts : 455
Contribution Points Contribution Points : 620
Gender Gender : Male DN Name DN Name : Anzo
Time Zone Time Zone : +3
Location Location : DA

PostSubject: Re: A Blackwing Article (Guide)   A Blackwing Article (Guide) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 6:25 am

The article isn't bad, it's good, the deck you showed, isn't bad, it's good, but not the best. Anyway, For non-blackwings players, this could be a good start for them.

LegendaryFrost

Judge

LegendaryFrost

A Blackwing Article (Guide) Icon_m19
No warnings
Academy Academy : [DGA] Dueling Genesis Academy
Posts Posts : 120
Contribution Points Contribution Points : 137
Reputation Points Reputation Points : 2
Browser Browser : Firefox
Gender Gender : Male Age Age : 29
DN Name DN Name : LegendaryFrost
Time Zone Time Zone : GMT +0

PostSubject: Re: A Blackwing Article (Guide)   A Blackwing Article (Guide) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 7:42 am

You shud've asked for Vongy's or yga's BW Laughing

Frances

Assistant

Frances

No warnings

PostSubject: Re: A Blackwing Article (Guide)   A Blackwing Article (Guide) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 9:31 am

Mugen Daas wrote:
Frances wrote:

I liked your current article's structure and presentation, and I look forward to your revised version. Another idea should you wish to delve further into is the use of Bw's in Black Valley, alongside Reborn Tengu, Genex Ally Birdman and Divine Wind of Mist Valley.

P.S. :: Ignore Darkfusion :: A Blackwing Article (Guide) 3077217049

I did it with Birdman already and Quasar. It's very inconsistent. I tried running it with the Genex arc in a miles way as well. The tengu was good last last format, but now, meh. I also did the Mist Valley BW combination already. It's consistent somewhat, but it literally gives me more dead draws and instead of using the full potential of both arcs, I end up separating them in duels, so it's a bit useless.

@Frost: I don't even know them.

Joco

Judge

Joco

A Blackwing Article (Guide) Icon_m71
No warnings
Team Team : [EX] The Exile
Posts Posts : 394
Contribution Points Contribution Points : 501
Reputation Points Reputation Points : 11
Browser Browser : Firefox
Gender Gender : Male DN Name DN Name : Joco
Time Zone Time Zone : GMT +1
Location Location : Hungary

PostSubject: Re: A Blackwing Article (Guide)   A Blackwing Article (Guide) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 11:44 pm

LegendaryFrost wrote:
You shud've asked for Vongy's or yga's BW Laughing

dat

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Blackwing Article (Guide)   A Blackwing Article (Guide) I_icon_minitime

A Blackwing Article (Guide)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1